West Indies Botanicals Ltd. is a startup Caribbean Health and Wellness company seeking to address the rising levels of communicable diseases and poor nutritional intake experienced by many in today’s changing global atmosphere. The Caribbean is home to over one hundred and eighteen (118) medicinal plants and superfoods, including: sea moss, moringa, soursop, and a wider scope of other well-known plants that have been hailed for their great nutritional benefits. Operating from this tropical region, West Indies Botanicals Ltd. is poised to take advantage of its access to these highly valuable natural resources for processing into more lucrative forms and satisfying the growing demands for natural products that promote good health and well-being. It is interesting to note that, as the World Health Organization defines “health” as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity, West Indies Botanicals Limited aligns its trade, taking into account, each state of health. Registration of the company took place on February 12, 2021, with recent acquisition of limited liability status on September 7, 2022. The CEO and Founder of West Indies Botanicals Limited, Nathaniel H. Williams, credits the idea of formulating a company of this nature after discontinuing pre-medical school due to financial adversity from the COV-ID19 pandemic forcing him into full-swing entrepreneurship. Fortunately, in December of 2020, Nathaniel Williams began training as a Nutritionist with a local healthcare food store prior to enrolling in pre-meds. This experience provided him with immense knowledge on nutrition, and the opportunity to learn about the dietary products highly demanded by consumers at the start of the pandemic for improving immune system function. It is evident that this newly found knowledge coupled with research of market demands, is a robust influence in the creation of West Indies Botanicals Limited. It is the utilization of natural plant resources of Caribbean soil, which makes this project distinctive and competitive in nature, rather than just being mere exporters of raw materials for big Health & Wellness manufacturers who would process, brand, and resell these products to the islands at a much higher rate. The company has built a solid management team and its partners include Mr. Wilfred Jarvis as Product Safety & Development Advisor, and Mr. Jojo Instiful, as Communication Specialist & Advisor. Mr. Williams (CEO) states that some difficulties in operating the start-up include: the limitation of organic outreach via social media platforms in favor of paid ads, and low accessibility to local crowdfunding and unsecured financing or line of credit for start-up entrepreneurs on island. The low availability of raw materials, high courier/tax fees associated with imports, along with lack of payment gateway for online Caribbean businesses (especially in Antigua), are also the most impactful challenges facing the company. Nonetheless, all partners stand ready to remedy.
Objectives/Future Road Map
West Indies Botanicals seek to pioneer large-scale production of superfood and nutraceutical products, in the Caribbean rather. In light of this, West Indies Botanicals Limited aims to raise donations of US Dollars (USD) 250,000 through its crowdfunding campaign with Real Helping Hands. All monetary contributions received will go towards achieving the following objectives:
- Construction of a sustainable processing facility and warehouse powered by renewable energy.
- Obtain quality assurance certification by ISO, GMP and HACCP, for compliance and boosting exportation.
- Improve the company’s website and digital market strategies.
- Purchase agro-processing equipment.
- Network-building of relationships with local and regional manufacturers, suppliers and distributors.
- Establish regional and international export markets.
- Invest in assets for product distribution.
- Conduct product development.
We ask that you connect with us at:
Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/166825395178828/
We offer the following incentives to our Supporters:
- Bronze Supporter (contributions of $5 to $500): As a Bronze Supporter, you will receive a digital thank-you note and a shoutout on the social media pages (optional if you choose to remain anonymous) of West Indies Botanicals Ltd.
- Silver Supporter (contributions of $501 to $1,500): As a Silver Supporter, you will receive all the incentives of the previous rank, as well as free merchandise such as t-shirts and cups from the company.
- Gold Supporter (contributions of $1,501 to $5,000): As a Gold Supporter, you will receive all the incentives of the previous rank, as well as free samples of the physical products with your name listed on these sample products for your contribution.
- Diamond Supporter (contributions of $5,001 to $10,000): As a Diamond Supporter, you will receive all the incentives of the previous rank, as well as a free digital products: eBooks and exclusive content.
- VIP Supporter (contributions of $10,001 to $150,000): As a VIP Supporter, you will receive all the incentives of the previous ranks, as well as the opportunity to meet the team, see the operations of the company, provide feedback on the final product or design, and discuss potential equity investments.
- Champion Supporter (contributions of $150,001 or more): As a Champion Supporter, you will receive all the incentives of the previous ranks, as well as a 3-day all-inclusive stay at a 3-star hotel on the island of Antigua (determined by the company) and an island tour. Please note that Champion Supporters will be required to handle their own travel fees.
Thank You Note
We are grateful for your support and are excited to bring our project to fruition with your help. Please remember to share this campaign. Thanks in advance for your support.
Special Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
We caution donors that any forward-looking statements presented in this campaign, or which management may make orally or in writing from time to time, are based on the Company’s beliefs and assumptions made by, and information currently available to, the Company. When used, the words “anticipate,” “believe,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “might,” “plan,” “estimate,” “project,” “should,” “will,” “would,” “result” and similar expressions, which do not relate solely to historical matters, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Such statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions and are not guarantees of future performance, which may be affected by known and unknown risks, trends, uncertainties and factors that are beyond the Company’s control. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those anticipated, estimated or projected. While forward-looking statements reflect the Company’s good faith belief when made, they are not guarantees of future performance. The Company expressly disclaims any responsibility to update forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. Moreover, we operate in a very competitive and rapidly changing environment, and new risks emerge from time to time. It is not possible to predict all risks, nor can we assess the impact of all factors on our business or the extent to which any factor, or combination of factors, may cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statements we may make. In light of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions, the forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this offering may not occur, and actual results could differ materially and adversely from those anticipated or implied in the forward-looking statements. We undertake no obligation to revise or publically release the results of any revision to these forward-looking statements, except as required by law. Given these risks and uncertainties, prospective donors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements.